Youth Religious Exploration
Parents and caregivers are attracted to Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations for the partnership we offer in raising children who will become kind, respectful, fair-minded, caring, and strong enough to stand up for what is right. Through religious education programs and the inclusion of children in worship, social justice work, and multigenerational gatherings, our communities reinforce what parents teach at home. We nurture truth-seeking,
Our church is currently using the Soul Matters program which includes lessons for Religious Exploration.
Due to our current social distancing situation, the lessons are designed to ensure compelling on-line interactive experiences for grades K-5. The building blocks in each of these monthly themed sections include:
- Introduce It – Object lessons and wonder box presentations to help leaders introduce the lesson/theme angle for the children
- Tell It & Talk About It – Stories to help bring the theme angle to life through storytelling
- Meditate on It – Various mindfulness practices to help children engage the theme angle in a more reflective and quiet way.
- Explore It – Small group activities and experiential learning designed for online experience.
- Take It Home – Ideas about how to weave the theme angle into family and home life.
We will continue with the Soul Matters themes when we are back together in person, as well, without the online focus. There are similar lessons available appropriate for Middle School Aged children. Presently, our numbers are low in that age group and we are therefore not offering these lessons on-line.
We love a celebration and use many calendar connections throughout the months as opportunities to learn and celebrate a variety of Interfaith, National, Cultural, UU, and just for fun holidays.
Our new outdoor space, Betty’s Place, is currently underway and will be ready for us when we return to our building. It will be a great place to explore, and we plan to use it as an outdoor classroom whenever possible.
Visitors are always welcome and encouraged to join us. Please consider checking us out and putting U in UU! Contact the Church Office to find out how you can receive the on-line lessons.