The Power of We
NOW, MORE THAN EVER….
…Our community needs the freedom to worship – to question – to seek truth and justice – to be accepted for who we are as individuals sharing a spiritual journey.
…Our community needs First Unitarian Universalist Church of Wichita.
…First UU needs YOU.
We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we keep.
Now in its 14th decade, First UU offers a rich array of services.
- Inclusive, thought-provoking Sunday worship
- Diverse spiritual and religious diversity, with members from Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, pagan, humanist, atheist, and agnostic traditions.
- Religious Exploration programs for youth and adults
- Performing and visual arts including a rotating gallery of works by local and regional visual artists and concerts by local and national musicians
- Book and movie clubs, game nights, craft groups, and vegan dinners
- Zen Friends, pagan gatherings, ceremonies
- Child care for ongoing and special events
- A lending library and bookstore
- A place and time to sing together, make art together, and dance together
- Partnerships with other faith communities, including other Kansas UU congregations, and interfaith agencies
- Fair trade coffee and treats for sale year-round to raise funds for our church
- First Sunday Lunches, featuring hearty, multicourse meals for all: omnivores, vegetarians, vegans, and those with other diet requirements
First UU has always been dedicated to the stewardship of our earth. Our annual EcoFest Wichita, in its fifth year, is now a city tradition.
- Dozens of businesses, nonprofit organizations, and educators.
- Delectable treats to eat or take home.
- Hundreds of products from soaps to building supplies to jewelry, books, clothing, and art.
- Exhibits and activities by social and environmental groups.
- New technology, advocacy training, lectures by environmental specialists.
Without the abundance of the heart nothing great can happen.
Social justice and outreach projects.
• First UU is working to help qualified felons expunge their criminal records.
• For Haiti, we raised funds for a goat program and support school children.
• First UU hosts the Wichita Freethinker UU Humanist Group with monthly speakers.
• First UU endorses the UUA’s goal of recognizing white privilege and resisting white supremacy.
To give and then not feel that one has given is the very best of all ways of giving.
The Power of We
The Power of We looks to the future.
- An outdoor kids acitivty area, underwritten by the late Betty Hensley’s family, will be themed on creativity, music, and nature.
- We’ve pledged carbon neutrality by 2020
The Power of We … begins with You. We need your pledge: of time, of heart, of creative thinking…
…and of funds.
For info and for pledge forms, contact 316-684-3481 or email@example.com.
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.
•At church; cash, check, or credit card
•By mail, with check or credit card
•Automatically: weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly (transaction fees may apply)
•Online Here: Please download the pledge form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org